I thought i would write this blog on whether or not an electric fireplace is better than your standard old fashioned style fireplace. The reason I am writing this blog is because I recently purchased an electric fireplace from an online fireplace store. I was unsure about buying one as I had heard good reviews but a few bad reviews too so i was eager to review it for myself.
I can honestly say, I absolutely love it. It has been a great feature to our living room and has really modernised the place. As i was unsure at first, i thought i would write a blog about the different pros of having an electric fireplace, so you can then decide for yourself.
What are the pros of having an electric fireplace
- Decor – As an electric fireplace can come in all shapes and sizes, the fireplace can be a beautiful new feature to your home. With different colours and a choice of coal or wood fires, you can have it as a more modern feature or a more homely, classic one.
- Convenience – Electric fireplaces are known to have a much bigger life span than your average fireplace, this makes them more value for money.
- Easy – Taking the fireplace out of its packaging, fixing it to your desired location and then plugging it in, is really all there is to it… it’s that simple.
- Heat – Instead of some of the heat being lost through the chimney, an electric fireplace does not require any vent or chimney so it gives you heat directly into the room it is fixed into.
- Safe – As an electric fireplace does not give off any harmful gases like carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide, they make it a lot safer to use in your home and they also leave a much smaller carbon footprint.